In a world where anti-aging skincare is key to looking youthful and preserving the complexion, Retinol is THE #1 ingredient for achieving spectacular results. It also happens to be the headline ingredient in TWO of Baebody’s best-selling products! So, what does retinol actually do? And how do we safely use it in the summertime?
Retinol in its natural form (just the way we like it) is also known as Vitamin A, which is a type of retinoid. Retinoids increase the turnover of skin cells and help with collagen production, which keeps skin looking young and fresh with a sought-after dewy glow. By reducing the stickiness of our skin cells, Retinol can also can be used to help with blemishes, blackheads, and clogged pores. If Retinol seems like a miracle ingredient, that’s because it is.
Baebody’s Retinol Moisturizer (SRP: $19.95) is an Amazon bestseller with over 4 stars and more than five thousand reviews.Formulated with powerful ingredients including Retinol, Vitamin E, Vitamin B5, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil and Green Tea, this intensive, lightweight face cream is a customer favorite for the face and neck. Designed to help improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, discoloration and hyperpigmentation, it boosts the skin’s renewal process by removing old skin cells and stimulating the growth of new ones to brighten skin.
The Retinol Serum (SRP: $16.95) is formulated with Retinol, Vitamin E, Green Tea, and Jojoba Oil. This intensive serum boosts radiance for more vibrant, youthful-looking skin. Paired with the Retinol Moisturizer, this is a powerful combo that will transform skin and keep it soft, supple, bright and healthy.
Sounds too good to be true? While Retinol is a super ingredient, it’s also powerful and could be harsh. There are some things to consider before application. Check out our tips below on how to start using Retinol and how to use it safely:
- If you are new to Retinol (Vitamin A) start off by using it once a week for 3 weeks to ease your skin into it
- Be sure to pair your Retinol with a moisturizer (or use Baebody’s Retinol Moisturizer only)
- Wash your face with a GENTLE cleanser, we recommend Baebody’s Coconut Milk and Honey Facial Cleanser
- If you do use Retinol daily, it is advised to pair it with a Vitamin C product at night. (Check out Baebody’s Vitamin C Moisturizer) Vitamin C also helps protect your skin from sun damage and pollution
- USE SUNSCREEN!! We repeat: it’s critical to use sunscreen every day with or without using Retinol, however your skin is its most vulnerable when Retinol has been applied and is very sensitive to the sun. Use at least a 30+ SPF all day, every day – no exceptions!
A cult-favorite for skincare junkies, Baebody is a safe, natural and effective brand that was created to give consumers exactly what they were searching for but couldn’t find. Baebody offers a versatile line of cleansers, moisturizers, serums, hair care essentials and body scrubs. All products have 4+ stars and many are “Amazon Choice” winners. Baebody consumer’s hair, skin and body health come Before Anyone Else.