I miss my monthly trips to the spa for microdermabrasion. After this year, I’ve been looking to brighten up my skin since I’ve been stuck at home like everyone else.
I recently tried Trophy Skin’s Microdermabrasion machine and wow. I’m in love. Yet, I’m not an esthetician by any means. I reached out to the Trophy Skin Team for some best practices for the homebody beauties out there.
What are the benefits of microdermabrasion? Microdermabrasion provides a deep, complete exfoliation of the top layers of dead skin. Doing this restores a youthful glow to your complexion. You can expect to experience these benefits:
- Buffs Away Fine Lines and Wrinkles.
- Reduces Signs of Sun Damage and Age Spots.
- Improves Skin Tone and Texture.
- Gently Exfoliates and Sloughs Away Dead Cells.
- Restores Radiance to Skin.
Who should do microdermabrasion? Who shouldn’t? If you have very thin, crepey skin you should not use microdermabrasion. Also, here are our contraindications:
Check with your doctor first if you have any of the following:
- Active infection of any type, such as Herpes simplex virus or flat warts. Active acne
- Recent use of topical agents such as glycolic acids, alpha hydroxy acids and Retin-A
- Any recent chemical peel procedure
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Eczema, dermatitis
- Skin cancer
- Vascular lesions
- Oral blood thinner medications
- Tattoos (not effective)
- Use of Accutane within the last year
- Family history of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation
- Telangiectasia/erythema may be worsened or brought out by skin exfoliation
How many times should you go over an area? Only 1-2 times per treatment.
What’s the difference between tips?
- The standard diamond tip that comes with all of our devices is of medium coarseness and is suitable for most areas of the face and body and most skin types.
- The Fine tip has less coarseness to it and is suitable yet still effective for sensitive skin types
- The Large body tip is our most coarse diamond tip and has a larger head for use on body parts like hands, feet, legs, arms and chest.
- The Pore Extraction Tip is used on our devices at the lowest level to remove excess oil and sebum, blackheads and whiteheads.
- The Infusion Tip is used to infuse serums into your skin after a microdermabrasion treatment or more often. Also used on the lowest suction level. Apply your serum and then gently smooth the tip with low suction to open up the pores and drive the serum deep into the skin.
Has there been an uptick in do it at home microdermabrasion sales due to covid?
YES! Everyone still wants their self-care rituals and since safety is an issue with in-office or in-spa treatments, our microdermabrasion gives you the same pampering in the safety of your own home!
What’s the benefit of doing it at home vs a spa?
Trophy Skin microdermabrasion systems provide the same technology that the spas use but with the safety and ease that anyone can use. You do not need to be a trained professional to use our products. Because of this you will save time and money and be able to pamper yourself from the safety of your own home, or wherever you go.
Is there anything else you want us to know?
You can review our clinical study here. We also have thousands of 5-star reviews and glowing before and afters.