Dr. Hal Simeroth is a skincare pioneer with 40 years of experience as a research scientist and research engineer. He has partnered with Mantra Mask to develop CBD Sheet Masks that help heal and improve skin and are uniquely formulated with all-natural products.
This time of year, our skin’s health and appearance are greatly affected by increased sun exposure. The three biggest threats being:
- Sun Exposure: The single most significant factor in premature aging of the skin is solar radiation – UV and visible rays.
- Dry Skin (Xerosis): This comes with warmer weather and lower humidity. If not treated, it can become chronic and a significant predictor for atopic eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
- Increased Outdoor Activity: This can be strenuous and stressful on your body and create increased free radicals. If left unchecked, these free radicals can cause harm to the cells of your body and especially to your skin cells.
Let’s take a deeper look at each threat and how we can treat them and keep that healthy glow:
- SUN DAMAGE – Aging skin appearance is just part of the problem; later in life, solar radiation that felt so good and gave you a nice tan often produces basal cell carcinoma (cancer). Research now tells us that people who have had at least five intense sunburns between ages 15 and 20 have a 68% higher risk of developing basal cell carcinoma, predominantly from ages 40 to 60. Though the radiation level is reduced, even cloudy weather and shaded areas will still add to the radiation exposure. Don’t rely solely on sunscreen; some radiation will always get through, and sunscreen can wipe off or wash off easily without your knowledge. Stay in the shade when possible and protect your face and neck especially. Many skin care specialists will tell you that topical antioxidants are as crucial as sunscreen in preventing solar damage. If you are exposed to the sun, good after-sun skincare products like Mantra Masks CBD After Sun Sheet Mask will revive tired skin, soothe sun damage, reduce inflammation, and fight free radical exposure. It will bring your skin to life with over ten powerful antioxidants, including chamomile, calendula, aloe vera, and chia seed.
- DRY SKIN – If you live in a desert-like climate, the summer heat will be especially drying. It is essential not to let the dryness of your skin get out of control. Dry skin (Xerosis), if not treated, can become chronic and is also a significant predictor for atopic eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. Treating dry skin requires both water (hydration) and oils (lipids) to be maintained at high levels in your skin, but avoid thick, occlusive oils, which may block the water in the humid air from entering your skin and also not allow your skin to “breathe.” Using a good moisturizer that supplies both hydration and lipids is very important. Mantra Mask’s CBD Marine Hydration Mask will hydrate and quench your skin with essential vitamins from the ocean, including Monoi De Tahiti and Spirulina Algae, as well as more of the sea’s most potent ingredients to deliver a luxury experience for the skin. Packed with antioxidants, this mask provides treatment to detox, hydrate, and quench your skin.
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY – Lastly, warmer weather usually means increased physical activity. The strenuous and stressful activity also brings an increased amount of free radicals to your body. If left unchecked, these free radicals can cause harm to the cells of your body and especially to your skin cells. Take good antioxidants orally to mitigate these free radicals and use topical antioxidants for your skin. The antioxidants in CBD are more potent than vitamins E and C and can repair and speed the healing of damaged skin topically. Mantra Mask Sheet Masks, including the CBD Anti-Aging Sheet Mask and CBD Collagen Sheet Mask, contain the powerful CBD agent and other ingredients to target your complexion and achieve the needs of your face and the skin of your dreams. Each mask is an excellent daily antioxidant regimen to repair skin after outdoor activity.
As we get outside for outdoor activities, bear in mind the powerful healing – but also damaging effects of the sun on your skin. Pay attention to your skincare protection regimen. Mantra Mask is here to help provide powerful antioxidant CBD skincare for healing after sun exposure.