Some people seem to have a natural confidence about them, but we’ll let you in on a little secret: it’s not as natural as you think it is! Most people out there fake it til they make it because it’s the only way that they know how to get by. Confidence, like makeup, is something you wear until it becomes so ingrained in your routine for the day that you’re oozing it without even thinking!
There is nothing wrong with being confident, and there is no such thing as “overconfidence” either. What this is is an abundance of happiness, self-belief and excitement for life, and there is nothing wrong with that! It’s very easy to be intimidated by confident people, though, so you need to do all that you can to ensure that you are improving on your confidence every single day. Sometimes, it takes a nudge to be able to improve on your confidence levels, and you can take these five fantastic tips as your nudge toward freedom!
- Stop believing that other people are better than you! It’s very easy to do it, especially when you’re feeling insecure about yourself. The thing is, the more you are putting others on a pedestal, the less room there is for you! You need to make sure that you are bringing yourself up to that level you believe that others have, and when you do, make sure that you know you’re the best there is.
- Work on it. Whatever it is you’re not confident about, work on it. If it’s the crooked teeth that have always been a personality trait, see VIP Smiles for a new plan to get your teeth straightened. If you’re insecure about your weight, look at getting a personal trainer and making your goal to be your best version of you. It doesn’t matter what it is, you have to be willing to work on it. That won’t always be easy, but it’s still possible.
- Put those shoulders back. Sometimes, you have to act with physical confidence to feel it on the inside. The droopy shoulders? Those are a defensive stance and they make you look fearful and afraid. You don’t have to feel that way. Instead, roll back those shoulders and take a big breath in. You have to look confident if you want people to perceive you as such. Watch yoru body language in all that you’re doing – it really does make a difference.
- Get rid of your social media for a while. It really shouldn’t bother you to see the nice things in life that other people have; it’s nice that they get to experience that. The problem is that too many people forget that comparison is the thief of joy. Stop comparing yourself to the Instagram models and give yourself a day off of social media. It will make a big difference to your confidence; if you’re not seeing all of those triggers, it cannot affect you.
- Move your body. You need a little natural endorphin boost. The best thing that you can do is to get your body moving and feel the good feelings that come with those endorphins!