Did you know that every year, at least 9 million trees are flushed down toilets and 8 million tonnes of plastic flood the oceans, all to make standard toilet paper? To combat the devastating effects a simple trip to the loo can have on the environment, global household brand Pure Planet Club has introduced their plastic-free and tree-free range of eco-friendly toilet paper subscription services across the USA.
All Pure Planet Club toilet tissue is:
- 100% plastic-free and tree-free.
- Made from 100% plant-based fibers.
- Biodegradable and made from renewable bamboo.
- Septic-safe, vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, BPA-free and recyclable.
- 3-ply and white in color!
The truth about the impact of standard toilet paper on the environment. Did you know?
- It takes approximately 140 liters of water to make one roll of standard toilet paper.
- 15% of the world’s deforestation is from the creation of toilet paper.
- Global toilet paper production wipes out approximately 27,000 trees per day, which is equivalent to around 9 million trees per year.
- It takes 1 acre of trees to provide enough oxygen for 18 people per year.
- Trees combat Global Warming by lowering the air temperature from evaporating water in their leaves.
Pure Planet Club’s new Marine Collection toilet paper is available online now from pureplanetclub.com for an RRP $60.00 for one-off and $54.00 for subscription-based sales of a carton with 36 double-length rolls.