The Hibiscus Rose Prana Chia Margarita great recipe I found. It is tart, refreshing and even manages to incorporate your daily dose of chia seeds so you get omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber and antioxidants with a side of tequila! Healthy right? Plus it’s pink.
We all know that Tequila burns calories. It is also my favorite! My tequila pick for this cocktail is Tequila Mi CAMPO Blanco from the heart of Jalisco, Mexico! Tequila Mi CAMPO is a 100% Blue Weber agave tequila that blends Mexican heritage and contemporary ideas to deliver an exceptionally smooth taste.
If you decide to make this, I can assure you that this is a lot of work but worth every drop. You will need to plan this out one day in advance. Now it’s on to the cocktail making!
Hibiscus Rose Prana Chia Margarita by Highlife Productions NYC
2.0 oz Tequila Mi CAMPO Blanco
1.0 oz Market Lime Juice
Hibiscus Rose tea bags
1.0 oz Hibiscus Rose Tea (chilled)
0.5 oz Prana Chia Reduction maple syrup
Spritz Rose Essence
- Infuse the tequila with Hibiscus Rose Tea overnight. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Heat a small amount water and add sugar to make simple syrup. Stir until the sugar dissolves. I usually throw 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in. You receive roughly 1 1/2 cups of simple syrup.
- Stir in maple syrup and add Prana Chia Seeds. (They will soak up all the sugar water. You will need to add a little water before making the cocktail).
- Combine fresh lime juice with Hibiscus Rose Tea and Cointreau – this is now your margarita mix.
- Combine all ingredients into a Boston shaker with one teaspoon of the Prana Chia Maple Reduction. Shake vigorously.
- Grab a coupe glass and spritz with rose water – strain out cocktail into glass (the goal is to have 10-15 Prana Chia Seeds in the glass). My strainer wasn’t so great but Im not
- Garnish with an edible daisy — if you have it. 🙂
I know it’s a lot of work and tests out your mixology skills but it’s well worth the work. Cheers!